Inhouse expertise includes:
◦ Styling development from hand sketches to rendering and imaging using Rhino, Flamingo and Blender software.
◦ World class hull design capabilities, supported by modern computational fluid dynamics analysis (Orca) and high level experience with towing tank testing.
◦ Specialist composite structural engineering design skills developed over 30 years ranging from low tech GRP production boats to high tech custom race and military craft in advanced composites.
◦ Advanced structural engineering skills in aluminium and steel materials, supported by SolidWorks finite element analysis software.
◦ Surface and solids modelling using Rhino, Maxsurf and Solidworks software.
◦ Production engineering, delivering 3d and 2d numerical control cut files for development of 3d tooling for production and precision composite items, and provision of nested 2d cut files for custom composite mould framing, and aluminium and steel framing, plating etc.
◦ Specialist knowledge around integration of machinery, plant, sensors, defence equipment etc.
Research forms an important part of the company's activities as the principals strive for better, smarter ways of achieving the desired end result.
Because such a strong and complete suite of skills exists at LOMOcean Design the company has been involved in technology transfer programmes around the world, working either to set up new yards, or assist the growth of existing yards in places as diverse as Turkey, Egypt, Malaysia, Thailand and Mauritius.
The nature of the New Zealand marine industry is one with a hands on, make it work approach and many new techniques for working with composite materials were invented or developed in New Zealand to the extent where construction methods particularly for large, custom one-off projects that are used routinely in New Zealand are either unheard of, or only little used in other countries.
LOMOcean Marine is unusual in it's ability to keep structural design of composite boats inhouse, with two specialist marine composite design engineers offering composite structural solutions that are fully integrated with all other elements of the boat design process.
The best way to contact us is via e-mail and it is normal to receive a response within 24 hours.
Click here to view email address